Becoming a Professional Bowenwork Practitioner
Certification is for those practitioners who intend to practice Bowenwork® professionally. The basic certification standard is uniform throughout most of the world with additional requirements in the USA and Australia.
Certification Requirements include the following:
- The satisfactory completion of Modules 1 through 6, including 10 case studies and 50 hours of hands-on practice completed between classes.
- The satisfactory completion of a two-day Module 7 class with an assessing instructor. This thorough practical assessment covers every procedure taught in the Modules 1-6.
- Written proof of: At least 100 hours study of anatomy and physiology*
- Business experience or training (20 hours minimum)**
- Ethics training (4 hours minimum)***
- Current certification in CPR
- An annual fee of $75.
- 16 hours of anatomy and physiology training can be fulfilled by attending the Bowtech-endorsed Deep Anatomy or Appreciating Bowenwork in the Physical Body seminars.
- 16 hours of business training can be fulfilled by attending the Bowtech-endorsed Bowen Business Success seminar.
- Students may select the ethics course(s) that interests them most, as long as the main focus of the course is professional roles and boundaries relevant to healthcare or bodywork practitioners, and is a minimum of 4 hours long. (For practitioners who attended Module 1 after August 31, 2011 the Ethics training is in addition to the 20 hours of business training.)
Registration for the Certification Track is done through the American Bowenwork Academy. Click the link below to get started. You’ll be linked to their “Find a Class” page. Seminar: Select Module 1, Instructor: Select Mary Martorano to begin your search.